Antique Map St. Andrews

Historic St. Andrews NB

The historic resort Town of St. Andrews is at the crossroads of British and American history. Loyalists settled here after the American Revolutionary War, and the streets were named after the many children of King George III. A century later, the area became popular as a natural spa and St. Andrews was widely regarded as the jewel in the crown. Steamships plied the waters directly from Boston and Portland in the United States. The Canadian Pacific Railroad brought passengers seeking the beauty of a peninsula surrounded by mountainous island ranges in the Atlantic Ocean. The area is so magnificent that it has been compared to the Bay of Naples. Ladies and gents, many with titles like Lord and Lady and Viscount, were flocking to this resort…some to pursue the dream of building a country house, one of which is now welcoming guests as Kingsbrae Arms.

Reservations

kingsbrae arms logo
Facebook Twitter YouTube Google+ TripAdvisor Blog Email
506 529 1897 - reservations@kingsbrae.com - Contact - Book Now - Ebrochure
219 King Street, St. Andrews, New Brunswick E5B 1Y1 Canada