Enjoy St. Andrews
Many people come to St. Andrews imagining a biblical parting-of-the-seas when the tides rise and fall 27 feet every day, twice a day, every day. Well, not exactly. Tidal changes take six hours and several minutes to ebb and flow. What is underwater one minute, is dry land six hours later. While here, a long leisurely walk along the ocean floor is a must. Here is a partial list of some of our guests’ favourite places within walking distance…and nearby.
- Kingsbrae Horticultural Garden. Right at our front door.
- Serendipin’Art. Galleries devoted to fine arts and crafts of the Maritimes.
- Crocker Hill. The most intricate bird and salmon fly paintings & prints you will ever find.
- Bertha Day Art & Fine Craft Gallery. Inspired by the area`s ever changing coastal scenery & wildflowers.
- Ross Museum. A proper Georgian center hall brick manse, fully furnished.
- Sheriff Andrews House. Guided tours through this neo-classical beauty from the early 1800`s.
- St. Andrews Pendlebury Lighthouse. A beacon to Mariners`past.
- St. Andrews Block House. War of 1812. No one was hurt.
- St. Andrews Loyalist Cemetery. Not taking calls.
- Ministers Island. Home of 19th century railroad tycoon, Sir William Van Horne.
- Huntsman Marine Center. Fantastic Fundy Discovery Aquarium on the St. Croix River estuary.
- Atlantic Salmon Federation. Dedicated to the area’s most famous resource.
- Wild Salmon Nature Center. Amazing information about a precious world resource and its struggle for life.
- Kings Landing Historical Settlement. A trip back in time.
- Roosevelt Campobello International Park. Famed summer residence of Franklin and Eleanor Roosevelt.
- New River Beach Provincial Park. Hiking, bathing & breathtaking beauty on the Bay of Fundy.
- Lighthouses & Covered Bridges. A treasure map of finding these historic places in the Charlotte County Coastal Region.
Historic and natural wonders abound. The list goes on making it hard to leave this east coast Eden. Matter of fact, some of our guests have been so beguiled that they have returned to purchase second homes. You have been warned.